Head Coach Chris Stafford
After being a part of the GHSA AAAA Baseball State Champions as a JR at Evans High School, Coach Stafford transferred to Augusta Christian High School where he was a Team Captain and a GISA All-State Catcher his senior year for the region champion and state runner-up Augusta Christian Lions Baseball Program in Augusta, Georgia. Chris had the opportunity to play in the Georgia Senior All-Star Games with former Major Leaguer Russell Branyan. After high school he played collegiately at Andrew and Shorter College. When his playing days were over Chris completed his degree at the University of Georgia.
Coach Stafford began his coaching career at his alma mater Augusta Christian where he was an assistant for one year. During that year he was offered the opportunity to start the baseball program and head coach at North Cobb Christian School. Coach Stafford accepted the offer and spent 2000-2009 as the head coach of the Eagles.
During his 9 year tenure at NCC the Eagles won 2 state championships and 6 region championships. Coach Stafford played a significant role in 27 of the 42 seniors he coached advancing on to play college baseball. As a result Coach Stafford was named GA Dugout Club Coach of The Year in 2006, GISA Coach of the Year in 2002, 2006, and Region Coach of the Year in 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008. During his tenure at NCC Coach Stafford completed his graduate degree earning a Master’s in Education.
In 2009, Coach Stafford accepted the Head Coaching Position at Marietta High School and has already experienced numerous outstanding Blue Devil Baseball accomplishments. Some highlights include: Chevez Clarke Drafted in 1st round of Major League Baseball Draft, 2010 Baseball Team earning highest Team GPA at MHS, First Baseman David Macpherson named MHS Valedictorian, Former MHS Shortstop Dansby Swanson gets named College World Series MVP as Vanderbilt University wins National Championship and the following year being selected 1st overall in the 2015 Major League Baseball Draft, In 2016 Swanson made his Major League debut with the Atlanta Braves, Coach Stafford named 2013 Region Coach of The Year as Blue Devil Baseball advances to 2nd round of AAAAAA State Playoffs, Marietta Baseball makes 3 consecutive trips to AAAAAA State Playoffs in 2013, 2014, 2015 advancing beyond 1st round 2 of them, Coach Stafford named Marietta High School Employee of the month August, 2014.
Coach Stafford also serves with Fellowship of Christian Athletes in the NW Metro Atlanta area. He has coordinated the recent FCA Pre-Season Area Baseball Banquets where hundreds of local High School Coaches and players join together for food, fun, fellowship, and a positive message prior to the start of the season. Coach Stafford also coordinated the 1st and 2nd annual Marietta back to school kickoff events sponsored by FCA. He recognizes the challenges that teachers and coaches face and the tremendous opportunity they have to impact young people for Christ. He is honored to serve them through FCA.
Coach Stafford is married to his wife Jacey and has 4 children: daughter Taylor, son Truitt, daughter Tatum, and daughter Tess.
Marietta High School(2009-Present)
- Coaches Stafford, Torrenti, Richardson, Elkins, Jordan, Callahan, Hansen, and Folwkes coordinate Region 4-AAAAAA Showcase Free to all unsigned seniors and juniors in the region who desire to play Collegiate Baseball.
- Coach Stafford coordinates 2nd Annual Marietta FCA Back To School Kickoff Event. Alumni Michael Stiles: Music Leader, Trey Abney Guest Speaker.
- Mitchell Golden Blue Devil Senior Short Stop signs baseball scholarship with Division I Georgia Southern University
- Robert Harris Blue Devil Senior Centerfielder gets drafted in 29th round by Texas Rangers and sign Baseball Scholarship with Gordon Jr College.
- Blue Devil Senior Max MaCray signs with Albany State College and wins Jackie Smallwood Award.
- Coach Stafford named Marietta High School Employee of the Month (August, 2014)
- Dansby Swanson selected first overall in the Major League Baseball Draft by the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Evan Steele Signs Baseball Scholarship with Vanderbilt University
- David Scoggins signs baseball scholarship with Bryan College
- David New signs baseball scholarship with Tusculum University
- Blue Devils advance to GHSA State Playoffs for 3rd consecutive year. Defeat East Coweta in Round 1 before losing to Pope in the 2nd Round.
- Coach Stafford coordinates 1st Annual Marietta FCA Back to School Kickoff: Alumni Michael Stiles Music Leader. Director of Character Development at Kennesaw State University Sterling Brown is Guest Speaker.
- Coach Stafford coordinates Cobb Area High School Pre-Season FCA Banquet. Former Major League Shortstop Adam Everett is guest speaker.
- A young Blue Devil Team over comes a lot of injuries to fight their way into another GHSA AAAAAA State Playoff appearance.
- Former Marietta Blue Devil Dansby Swanson wins the college world series with Vanderbilt University and earns College World Series MVP.
- Marcus Mitchell signs to play Baseball at Savannah State University
- Jordan Mathis signs to play football and baseball at Western Carolina
- Coach Stafford coordinates Cobb Area High School Baseball Pre-Season FCA Baseball Banquet. Mike Linch former Liberty University player and present Northstar Church pastor is guest speaker.
- Blue Devil Baseball breaks the program’s single season wins record (22)
- All 6 Senior Blue Devils go on to play college Baseball: Travis Wildermuth: Marshall University, Trent Wildermuth: Georgia College, Gabe Friese: Kennesaw State University, Bradley Piggee: Albany State University, Myles Wilson: Andrew College, Eric Henderson: Darton College
- Eric Henderson named region player of the year Region 4 AAAAAA
- Coach Stafford Named region Coach of the Year Region 4 AAAAAA
- Gabe Friese named Cobb County pitcher of the year
- Blue Devils region runner up, sweep Camden County in first round of state, come up 1 run short in game 3 of second round.
- Dansby Swanson is drafted by the Colorado Rockies and signs a baseball scholarship with Vanderbilt University
- Nick High signs to play baseball at Gordon College
- Stetson Nelson signs to play Division I baseball at Winthrop University/then Embry Riddle
- Michael Whatley signs to play baseball at Berry College
- Miles Williams signs to play at Florida A & M University
- Accepted Head Coaching Position at Marietta High School
- Chevez Clarke Drafted in 1st round by Angels
- Varsity Baseball Highest Team GPA in the High School
- David Macpherson Blue Devil 1st Baseman named Valedictorian
North Cobb Christian School(2000-2009)
- Accepted Head Coaching Position at North Cobb Christian School 2000
- Started the Varsity Baseball Program 2000
- State Champions 2002, 2006
- State Finalists 2007
- State Semifinal 2004, 2008
- Region Championships 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Georgia Dugout Club Coach of the Year 2006
- GISA Coach of the Year 2002, 2006
- Region Coach of the Year 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- 27 of 42 Seniors played college baseball
- Developed Feeder Teams 6th, 7th, 8th, grade, high school JV, Fall Developmental Program, and camp program for youth
- Masters in Education Cambridge College
- Bachelors in Health and Physical Education University of Georgia